How to keep a man interested in you is a puzzle for so many women …
Let’s take it from the beginning …
If a man begins to lose interest, he must have been interested in you in the first place. Correct? 🙂
So there was something about you that appealed to him … so much so that he made a point of getting to know you better…
He saw something beautiful in you … remember the saying “beauty is in the eye of the beholder” ?
Now, there’s good news and there’s bad news
As he gets to know you in that initial conversation, he makes a split-second decision and puts you into one of two categories ….
- the “one night stand” or
- girlfriend material.
You can bet your bottom dollar that all the women a man finds attractive start off on the first category 🙂 …
And that might suit you …
But it isn’t going to lead to a long-term relationship and lasting happiness with him.
How to keep a man interested in you becomes critical once he starts to see you as girlfriend material … when he wants you to be a part of his life, even if it is temporary.
There are six areas which cause him mentally to move you to the girlfriend group.
How to keep a man interested in you depends on which of the five phases of the relationship you are in. Didn’t know there were five stages? Join the clan 🙂 There’s more info on those stages in my e-book below – it’s free 🙂
Here’s what you need to know:
These six areas are all intermingled …
The order of importance will not be the same for every man.
But you can be sure he’s watching out for these indications to see your true character … which will be vital to his happiness and yours in any long-term relationship…
Plus, he will be wondering how his friends and family will react to you … he’s looking for a boost to his ego. He wants them to be impressed and envy him for finding such a lovely person.
1. Your appearance
- There was something about your looks that caught his eye.To keep his interest in you, you need to show him respect and maintain your standard of grooming. You don’t need a full make-up every day … most men hate heavy make up. Keep your hair clean and don’t let those roots show.
- Don’t get sloppy in your dress as your relationship develops … it’s very disrespectful and he will come to resent it. You might be wearing jeans and a T shirt, but they should fit well and be immaculate.
- He wants to see you looking well groomed, happy and healthy … a little makeup and perfume are good for his ego as well as yours. (He may be working with many well groomed women every day … you don’t want him to compare you unfavorably to them).
2. Are you kind and thoughtful to other people?
- As he gets to know you, he will be watching how you treat other people and react to situations. He realises it will be how you will treat him in the long-term.
- Do you run down other people and make snide comments behind their backs? Do you make derogatory comments about previous boyfriends or co-workers?
- Do you get impatient when driving in traffic, for instance?
- Do you consider the needs of other people or are you selfish? For all you know, he may be imagining what it would be like to be married to you and coming home stressed and unhappy … how would you react?
- How do you treat the waiting staff if you are in a restaurant? Suppose someone spills something on you or on the table … do you create a scene?
3. Do you have a sense of humour?
- Can you laugh at your self? Take a joke against your self ? See the amusing side of a situation? Men love women who can make them laugh.
- Do you greet people with a smile or a scowl? How do you greet him? No point in being all charming to him and miserable with everyone else.
- Whatever you do, don’t get into using foul language and telling dirty jokes…as if you would 🙂 But I’ve seen it happen more times than I care to remember with strong “feminist women.” He will find it very embarrassing … and he definitely won’t want to introduce you to his mother.
- Are you aware of what is happening in the world? Do you have an opinion on it?
- Can you talk easily to other people?
- Can you talk intelligently about issues without getting heated or causing a row?
- Can you tactfully accept that not everyone thinks as you do? That they are entitled to their opinion?
- As you get to know him are you able to argue your point – forcefully and pleasantly? You don’t always have to agree with him. He’ll see you as a challenge – and men love a challenge.
And this links in with…
5. Independence and Confidence
- How do you spend your time when you are not with him? Do you have hobbies and interest of your own?
- Do you encourage him to spend time away from you with his friends?
- Don’t make him the centre of your attention too early in your relationship. Men find it claustrophobic. You will suffocate him and it will drive him away.
- An active woman who pursues her own goals with passion is more attractive to men.
- Don’t see him more than twice a week in the early stages. Keep up with your hobbies and friends.
- Date other men until he asks for a committed relationship. On the other hand, don’t take your independence to the other extreme and be one of “I don’t need men” types… men find it very off putting.
- Don’t be forever texting him to find out what he is doing … give him space and he will appreciate it.
- And … ask him for help with solving a problem if you genuinely want his help …he’ll love it.
- Don’t be too predictable … remember “variety is the spice of life.” Spring the occasional surprise to keep him on his toes.
6. Strength of character and honesty
Don’t try to be something you are not. Be yourself at all times.
- Set your own standards and stick to them. He will respect you more. You need mutual respect if your relationship is going to progress.
- In the early stages of a relationship, some women foolishly fake an interest in whatever he in interested in. Don’t do this – at some stage you will have to confess and he will feel deceived. He will wonder what else you have lied about and no longer trust you … and that could be the end of your relationship.
- On the other hand, if he has an interest in say, rugby and motor sports and you know nothing about them, then say so. Indicate you would be willing to find out more if that is the case. You don’t have to pretend to be fascinated with his hobbies and interests, but at least try to meet him half way.
As you will have gathered, knowing how to keep a man interested in you can be a bit of a minefield, particularly as the relationship progresses. There are 5 distinct phases in every successful relationship and it can all go wrong so easily …
What To Do Now: Download This Free E-Book
If you are ready to take control of your love life, would you like to know more about how to keep a man interested in you ?
Imagine the confidence it will give you as your relationship progresses 🙂
Would you like a sneak peak at what is inside?
Inside this free guide you will discover:
- The sordid truth about the male psyche and what it means for his interest levels
- The covert way to find out what really turns him on
- The phases of a relationship and how they relate to interest levels
- How to be the only woman who REALLY “gets him “
- How to maintain interest forever and and make him want to be with you
Click on this link and you’ll be taken through to the download page …
Enter your first name and primary email address for instant access.
I’ll also be happy to share even more resources, so you become an absolute expert in how to keep a man interested in you 🙂
Featured Image courtesy of stockimages at FreeDigitalPhotos.net
Young couple in love Image courtesy of Vichaya Kiatying-Angsulee at FreeDigitalPhotos.net